06/10/2021

Mr Mercedes by Stephen King

  Mr Mercedes

by Stephen King




Hello :) Today I will be reviewing another book from Mr King.  

Check out my last review about the Misérables by Victor Hugo :)

---


The review of today is of the book Mr Mercedes by the American author Stephen King. 

---

The book is the first one of a trilogy that concentrates around the stories of Bill Hodges, an ex detective now in retirement and Holly Gibney, a woman that suffers from multiple tics. 

Mr Mercedes focuses on the still opened case of the homonymous killer, known as Brady, afterwards in the story, that killed lots of people standing in front of the Auditorium where a job fair would have been taking place later in the morning for unemployed people. 

Hodges is going in retirement right after this case happens and Brady, is somehow obsessed with him that he starts spying on him daily and then risks to send him an anonymous letter telling him he's the one that did it. 

Thanks to the help of Janey Patterson, the sister of Olivia Trelawney, the girl whose Mercedes has been stolen, and later on of Holly Gibney, Janey's cousin, will try to resolve the case, not letting the police know. 

Will everything go according to plan? Will they manage to catch the bad guy? Or is it going to be too hard since Brady will show his true colours of being a complete deviant. 

---

I actually liked it a lot but if I need to be honest, I wouldn't pick it as my favourite of his. I preferred way much The Outsider, but we also need to consider that they're two different genres. 
Mr Mercedes is crime while The Outsider is supernatural. 

Anyway, it was a really enjoyable reading even though the guy was a complete psychopath and lots of time I felt like I just wanted to smack the book away haha
At then end I would rate it 4/5 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment